JCR is thrilled to be participating in The Cool Jew Love Day Giveaway Celebrating Tu B'Av
Eight cool Jews and I have donated altogether $175 worth of gifts in celebration of "Tu B'Av," a day on the Jewish calendar that is for Jewish sweethearts. In ancient times Tu' B'Av was celebrated by young single women dressing in white and shaking their groove things in vineyards; young men from all 12 tribes would sneak-a-peek, hoping to find their future wives. We've come a long way from that point - haven't we ladies? Today, many Jews will be celebrating love at parties rather than vineyards -- on August 5th.
Want to win? There are two ways to win the Gift Box:
(1) Enter to win at http://tinyurl.com/lovedaygiveaway by submitting your answer to this question:"What Do You Love About Being Jewish?"
(2) If you are in LA, celebrate at LoveFest 2009, organized by JConnectLA and featuring live performances by Moshav, Rav Shmuel, DJ Eric Rosen and more. One lucky guest will be chosen to win the Cool Jew Love Day Gift Box. Join LoveFest at 8 pm, August 5th, at the Bungalo Club in Los Angeles. For more information, visit jconnectla.com.
(No purchase is required to enter. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada 18 years old and older.)
Cool Jew Love Day Gift Box contains:
* My Meshuga'at CD, Jewish Chicks Rock
women's tank top and temporary tattoos ($30)
* Ladino chick rocker Sarah Aroeste's Puertas CD ($15)
* Chick Author who ROCKS Lisa Alcalay Klug's book
Cool Jew: The Ultimate Guide for Every Member of the Tribe ($13)
and manyt other amazing gifts!